The University Post Office is a unit of financial management within the Office of Business Affairs at Appalachian State University. The mission of the University Post Office is to provide the best possible service in the sending, receiving and delivery of mail to the campus community via the United States Postal Service and intercampus system.
News and Updates
In order to comply with recent changes in United States Postal Regulations, all packages being sent via media and/or book rate mail must be presented unsealed to a window clerk for inspection.
The University Post Office is located in the Miles Annas Student Services Building.
Operational Hours and Phone Numbers
- Main Window (postage sales and package pickup) 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday - Friday, (828) 262-6263
- Customer Service (mail forwarding, combinations, box problems) 9:45 a.m. to 11:45 a.m., and 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday - Friday, (828) 262-6261
- Office (lost mail, general information) 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday, (828) 262-2242
- Student PO Boxes - Students are able to check their boxes daily between 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.
- Outgoing Mail Pick-up - daily at 3:30 p.m.
- Mail delivered to student boxes - Monday through Friday
- Mail processing and delivery - daily by 12:00 noon (depending upon conditions and volume)
- Passport Services 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Monday - Friday.
Drop Box for Fed Ex
A drop box for Fed Ex envelopes and small packages is located in the main entrance to the post office.
Students - Need Your Mail Forwarded?
You'll need to drop by the post office in Miles Annas to fill out a "Forwarding Address Form" before you leave. Otherwise we won't know where to send your mail.
What if I don't fill out a "Forwarding Address Form"?
Two weeks after receipt any unclaimed packages will be returned to sender unless a forwarding has been requested.
Letter type mail will be returned to sender as unclaimed after approximately 30 days.
If you are expecting mail at your university address but are not going to be here to receive it we strongly encourage you to leave us a forwarding address.
Sounds Good. Where are the forms?
Forwarding address forms are available at the Appalachian Post Office from the window clerks and in the lobby.